Xbmc tv database not updating
I said yes to 'refresh path' and it took about 3 minutes to clean the library. I went into the source folders of the system and deleted the xxvideos78as suggested on the forums, on XBMC, removed the source, cleaned the library and re-started. I added the source again and the same issue, no scrape to update the library. Just to be certain, I added a new movie and on start up, the auto update spotted it immediately. I put 3 TV Shows in another folder called 'Test TV' and the scraper worked fine. I removed it and re-added, no luck, updater pops up and goes straight to compress database. I'm currently using Boot and Nuke to re-format and clean the HDD, I'm thinking that somehow a TV shows library is lurking around!
If that’s all you want, you don’t need to do anything else.
The scraping process to build the library in XBMC is very fast as all the metadata is local on my NAS, (inside the folder with the media file). I use Media Companion to scrape and populate folders NOT in the XBMC library path, when complete, I move the folders into the XBMC library path, restart XBMC and it picks up the new content with auto update.
Here's the issue I've had over a 2 week span, in order. - It works fine with new movies, (that are in new folders) - It works fine with new seasons of EXISTING TV Shows that were picked up in the very first scrape of TV Shows to XBMC - It does not recognise new TV Shows (in new folders).
The same thing happened for several video player apps on the Google Play store.
Because of this, Team XBMC is considering their options.